gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 5 Nov 2001 00:20:09 +0100

Re: [PLUG] problem accessing techrepublic.com

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 12:32:05PM -0500, Bill Jonas wrote:
> It's something Michael wrote.  :)  It's on his site.  Direct URL is
> <http://michael.toren.net/code/tcptraceroute/>.  Good little tool.  Try
> using it to traceroute to www.ebay.com sometime, you'll get responses
> from non-routable addresses. ;-)

Finally came back to this, grabbed the source. I haven't dealt with
making libnet happy on my system, but from the examples, it looks
quite useful.

Also, as referenced on Michael's page, hping (http://www.hping.org/)
looks to be good for stress-testing pathological cases on firewalls.
Or just a fun toy if you're into playing around with TCP. (All I
want for Christmas is a copy of TCP Illustrated volume 3...)

--
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net