Sarod Yatawatta on Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:50:23 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Printing in Suse 7.2

Hi,
Did you check whether the printing service is running? Try typing
ps axu | grep lpd
to check if lpd is running. There is a program called lpc that can apparently restart the printer. If not you can restart it buy running the rc script in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ called lpd or something similar. Try this (as root)
/etc/rc.d/init.d/lpd start
and see what happens.
regards,
sarod.