jbeck on Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:40:49 +0100

[PLUG] Printing in Suse 7.2

Hi all,

Can anyone help with getting a printer to work under Suse 7.2? Here is the situation:

I have a Compaq IJ750 printer. Searching on the net indicated that the printer I have is essentially a rebadged Lexmark 3200. I used the printer set up tool in Suse to set it up. When I tried to print a test page, I got no response out of the printer at all. I figured that was odd, but moved forward anyway. I tried printing from both Star Office as well as Kedit, and got no response at all from the printer. I looked in the print que, and there were both jobs (not the test page, though), just sitting there. They seemed fine, only they weren't printing! :-)

I checked Suse's web site, and it appears as though the printer is supposed to work. I don't care at all about printing in color, etc. but it would be really nice to print a page of text every once in a while!

Any suggestions? I have only set up a printer in Windows, so this is really new to me. It seems really odd though that both jobs would be sitting in the que, and not generating some type of error if they were unable to print... Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks!

John