kaze on Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:02:53 -0500

[PLUG] Suse Q

PLUG,

My father wants me to set up a Linux dual boot on his laptop. He is a
developer coding in Python on an EU project. He has a German laptop (the
keyboard is language specific) and German W2K Pro as his OS (he uses W32
Python.) Anyway, there is a 2GB partition free and calling to us. Q: Would
Suse be the best distro to be running when physically in Germany? Do they do
German localized Linux better than other distros? Is any one distro better
than another insofar as IDEs for Python? I peeked
<http://www.distrowatch.com/> but still have the above Q's.

Also any recommendations on boot loaders? I think staying with the W2K
bootloader might be the best in terms of upsetting his native support staff,
but does anyone have any thoughts on LILO v. Grub v. that one new OSS one
that went by on /. recently?

Z-)

This is my .sig: <http://www.anti-dmca.org/quotes.html>