Fred K Ollinger on Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:30:18 +0100

[PLUG] linux synchronization

	Does anyone know how to synchronize a computer labs installs?

	I'm thinking of installing debian on all comps then having them
just read a mirror from one machine. That way I can constantly upgrade one
machine and later on the updater script can run from a cron job and suck
in the new packages from the mirror.

If the tester pc crashes then the other pcs won't b/c they won't be able
to grab fatal packages from the mirror.

Did anyone do this before? Does anyone know about scripts that are
available? Also, how can I get apt-get to not ask any questions, but
instead use the answers that I manually put in to the master pc?

Fred