Kevin D. McAllister on Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:35:24 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Suse Q

On or about Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 10:16:02PM -0500, Bill Jonas wrote:
<SNIP>
> Well, even if you use the W2K bootloader, you'll still need a Linux
> bootloader installed in your Linux partition.  I haven't used GRUB all
> that much, but I've heard good things about it.  One advantage is that
> you don't have to run it after you install a new kernel image or modify
> its conf file like you do with LILO.

Actually the best think I have found about grub is that when I
inevitably make a mistake editing the conf file.  I can just make my
changes before booting linux and boot with my new kernel.  That and
the password feature to editing that stuff,  possibly increasing the
physical security, at least a little bit.