Kevin Brosius on Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:08:41 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Veriizon ADSL

ian reinhart geiser wrote:

> Has anyone had any epericance with verizon  ADSL here?  It is the only thing
> i can get out here at this point.  It uses PPOE and they say Linux will work
> with it.
>
> experiances?
> - -ian reinhart geiser

You should also be able to get Directv DSL, which I'm using, in your
area.  I've been very happy with it.  Line reliability (it's a Verizon
line in the Lansdale,PA area) has been excellent.

I didn't like the Verizon PPOE/internal DSL modem setup. Directv offers
an external router with Ethernet interface, plus you get a static IP.

A good place for comparison shopping is http://www.dslreports.com.

--
Kevin Brosius