Mike Leone on Tue, 13 Nov 2001 10:13:22 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Veriizon ADSL

> Has anyone had any epericance with verizon  ADSL here?  It is the only
thing
> i can get out here at this point.  It uses PPOE and they say Linux will
work
> with it.

I have a Verizon DSL line, but - since I use DCA as ISP - I don't have
PPPOE, just 5 static IPs. Check around - you may not HAVE to use Verizon as
an ISP, just a line provider.

I used to use Verizon as ISP servicer, as well as DSL line provider, and
needed to use the Roaring Penguin PPPOE client. This is included in Mandrake
8.x, which I believe you use.

> experiances?

Verizon as an ISP sucks - no Linux support whatsoever. I had slight outages
every week - from 20 minutes to a couple hours, usually in the evening, once
a week or so. And their tech guys are hopeless.

Mind you, this was ... June-July, 2000. Maybe they've gotten better.