Fred K Ollinger on Fri, 16 Nov 2001 13:57:46 -0500

[PLUG] samba

	I don't know if anyone asked about this, but I have a suggestion
about clear passwds:

DON'T USE THEM.

	In the latest samba, there is a line in the config file which you
can add:

encrypt passwords = yes

	Put this in there. Don't even need to restart b/c the newer sambas
automagically rereads config file every min. Better to add one line then
to mess around w/ many registries. Also, better to be encrypted no matter
how weak the encryption is.

<\flame suit on>
	I heard that Bill subcontracted out all his encryption jobs to his
teenaged nephew. :)
<\flame suit off>

good day,

Fred