sdavila on Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:40:23 -0500

RE: [PLUG] (no subject)

One thought... in the security settings for some mail packages (as with
SSH) they are using an NSLOOKUP to make sure the DNS name and the IP
address match before accepting mail from a system.  Is it possible the
reverse-lookup is providing a different name than the server itself is
giving out?

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Adam Van Antwerp
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 12:42 PM
To: PLUG
Subject: [PLUG] (no subject)

Hello,
    I am having trouble with a new linux server I have built.
I have a request system that uses PHP to send a completed form to a
specified email address,  our domain is princetelecom.com I set the
linux
box as assets.princetelecom.com.  I want the form sent from
assets.princetelecom.com to  user@princetelecom.com so far I have just
gotten mail back from or email server saying

... while talking to mail.princetelecom.com.:
>>> MAIL From:<adam@assets.princetelecom.com> SIZE=306
<<< 550 5.1.8 <adam@assets.princetelecom.com> Invalid address
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Is there anyway to have this email sent without registering
assets.princetelecom.com as a valid subdomain?

Any advice is much appreciated

Adam Van Antwerp
Fleet Coordinator
Prince Telecom Holdings, Inc.