Bill Jonas on Tue, 20 Nov 2001 22:00:22 +0100

Re: [PLUG] sed question

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 03:39:58PM -0500, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> I don't quite see how it is possible to solve this without a
> temporary file, but would love to learn how if you can find
> the script.

Sorry.  I should have said, "without having to *manually* make a
temporary file".  I don't think it's possible without a temporary file.
Possibly, if you write a C program to handle things, but it seems to me
like it would be a big hassle for a small gain.

Developer/SysAdmin for hire!   See http://www.billjonas.com/resume.html