Tobias DiPasquale on Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:49:35 -0500

Re: [PLUG] two questions...

Well I would like to repartition my hard drive, but I am running ext3 now. Anybody know of anything, or do I have to just make a swapfile? Thanks in advance!

P.S. In response to Mr. Shank's question, it is most decidedly the user interfaces for KDE and GNOME that are *much* slower. Disk access, IPC times, etc, haven't slowed down one bit. It just SEEMS slower, I think.

Arthur S. Alexion wrote:

The current Partition magic supports the resizing of ext2 & swap partitions. I don't know of an open source solution.

art

Tobias DiPasquale wrote:

1) Is there a way for me to increase my swap partitions without having to delete existing partitions? (i.e. "grow" and "shrink" partitions)

____________________________________. artAlexion ------------- arthur@alexion.com www.alexion.com

-- Tobias DiPasquale Solaris System Administrator Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept. Villanova University mailto: anany@ece.vill.edu tel: 610-519-5109