Jeff Abrahamson on Sat, 8 Dec 2001 18:20:11 +0100

[PLUG] linux indent and emacs

The linux kernel programming guidelines suggest eight space tabs,
which I'd like to do, if only I can get emacs (20.7 here) to grok the
idea.

They suggest the following code snippet, which doesn't do it for
me. Any suggestions? (The emacs help doesn't seem to recognize
c-indent-level.)

(defun linux-c-mode ()
  "C mode with adjusted defaults for use with the Linux kernel."
  (interactive)
  (c-mode)
  (setq c-indent-level 8)
  (setq c-brace-imaginary-offset 0)
  (setq c-brace-offset -8)
  (setq c-argdecl-indent 8)
  (setq c-label-offset -8)
  (setq c-continued-statement-offset 8)
  (setq indent-tabs-mode nil)
  (setq tab-width 8))

--
 Jeff

 Buy my boyfriend's new novel: The Big Book of Misunderstanding
 <http://www.misunderstanding.net/buystuff.html>