Jeff Abrahamson on Sun, 9 Dec 2001 12:40:15 +0100

[PLUG] xml vs xml2

I'm missing something about xml.

I have a libxml (libxml1) program that works fine. I switched to
libxml2, made the appropriate code changes (s/childs/children/g,
s/root/children/g), and tried again.

It's a simple test program, just creates a file, reads it, and writes
it again.

The following causes a character out of range error:

        /* xmlSetProp(newxml, "last_name", "Müller"); */
        xmlSetProp(newxml, "last_name", "Muller");

That is, the first line causes an error at runtime, the second does
not. (The difference is whether or not I use an iso-8859-1 encoded
u-umlaut.)

	xmlEncodeEntitiesReentrant : char out of range

Google searching doesn't turn up anything on the out of range problem.

Anyone know what I might be missing?

--
 Jeff

 Buy my boyfriend's new novel: The Big Book of Misunderstanding
 <http://www.misunderstanding.net/buystuff.html>