Paul on Sat, 15 Dec 2001 18:40:20 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Internet Script (For Windows 2000)

> Currently, to connect to the internet from my Windows 2000 machine, I have
> to log into my linux machine using ssh, then do :
>
> % sudo wvdial &
> % sudo route add default ppp0
>
> Is there a way to make a windows script or automate this task, so If I
> click on an ICON it does all this for me?

I don't know about you specific question, but from my experience, the
default gateway changes for the local machine when the PPP session starts.
I just do "ifup ppp0" to dial out.  The only time I had to change the
gateway was when I needed to point Linux to a Windows PC running Internet
Connection Sharing.