Darxus on Tue, 18 Dec 2001 10:00:21 +0100

[PLUG] Netaxs meeting date - which Thursday ?

Short version:

Should the first scheduled Netaxs meeting be on Thursday, January 17th
or Thursday, February 21st ?

Background:

It has been decided (by me) that Netaxs meetings should be on Thursday, the
week after the first meeting of the month.

But there's a problem.  We decided to have a meeting at Netaxs in February.
The Thursday of the week after the first meeting in February is February
14th, which is valentines day.  Generally, when this kind of thing happens,
we've been postponing a week.  That would put us at February 21s, but that
would be the day after a PADS meeting.  But I get the impression that PADS
meetings haven't been happening.

Also, Michael Toren (Netaxs host) has suggested the possibility of
January 17th.  This would be the week after our first January meeting,
given that it's been postponed a week.

I selected Thursday because of how inconvenient Tuesday is for both Michael
Toren and Chris Fearnely.  And I believe it is generally agreed that a day
other than Wednesday would be good for variety.

--
"The reasonable man adopts himself to the world; the unreasonable one
persists in trying to adopt the world to himself.  Therefore all progress