Arthur S. Alexion on Thu, 20 Dec 2001 14:20:15 +0100

Re: [PLUG] questions on an office-wide conversion

Jason Costomiris wrote:

: > figure out how to do anything.  It's a stinking typewriter for crying
: > out loud!  You wonder what a button does?  Point the mouse at it and
:
: Very much more than a typewriter, actually. Especially for non-computer
: people to figure out.

How do you figure that?  When I start up Word, Abiword of KWord, I get
a window that shows me what looks like a piece of papers.  I start
mashing keys, and look at that!  Letters, numbers and symbols start
appearing..  How is that not like a typewriter?

Maybe windows notepad with word wrap turned off is "like a typewriter".

I don't consider cut & paste, word wrap, bold & italics advanced features, but you can't do them with a typewriter.
artAlexion