paul on Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:00:13 +0100

Re: [PLUG] EFS

> Not "someone", the administrator. It makes sense to me: the purpose is
> to keep *other users* from accessing your files. This may be a bad

What I was thinking is that the administrator account could be
compromised, opening up even "encrypted" files to a cracker.  I had used
a special Linux boot disk to change administrator passwords on a bunch
of NT Workstations (for non-evil purposes).  There goes the encryption.

I guess the EFS system is good for certain purposes.