Kevin Brosius on Thu, 27 Dec 2001 09:27:37 -0500

Re: [PLUG] DSL ethernet card

vze2n63r@verizon.net wrote:

> To Whom it may concern,
>   I'm running SuSe 7.2  I have Verision DSL Connection with windows I
> want to switch to Linux. I can't get linux to recoginize my ethernet
> card the one that was giving to me from Verision or another one I
> bought. Could anyone tell me how to get connected with Linux.
> Doug
> dndroof@yahoo.com

Out of curiosity, what kind of cards are they?

The SuSE hardware database is here:
http://hardwaredb.suse.de/index.php?LANG=en_UK.  You can search it for
those network cards and see if they are verified to work.

Have you tried to add the cards in yast or yast2?  What kind of errors
did you get?

Also SuSE support database is here: http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/

This (http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/hoe_adsl_arcor.html) may be
relevant, although it is for a PPPoE DSL setup.  The network setup
section will certainly apply for you.

--
Kevin Brosius