thanous on Thu, 27 Dec 2001 17:10:16 +0100

[PLUG] Sending a daily cron job to the local printer

Hi list....

I posted last week sometime that I needed help writing a backup file.  Well
I did that... but I choose to use the zip utilitly and only backup a few selected
files and directories.  sooooooooooo I wrote the following script to accoplish
this...and I placed a copy of it in the /etc/cron.daily folder (as I am running
RH 7.0)

The script runs fine.

I just need a print out sent to the printer... but my programming skills leave
something to be desired... like EVERYTHING.

So here is what the script looks like

#!/bin/sh
# This batch file backs up the data from the hard drive
# Below are the script Variables

echo 'go';
umount /disc1;
mount /dev/hdb1 /disc1;
zip -r -u -v /disc1/tbred.zip /usr/lib/basic;
umount /disc1;