John Lavin on Sat, 29 Dec 2001 20:00:15 +0100

[PLUG] ppp trouble

Happy New Year all -

I'm running into trouble using kppp.  Sometimes I get all of the below
messages immediately, other times I get up to the Couldn't find interface
ppp0 and stay connected for a time (like now) before eventually receiving the
rest of the messages.

Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
Kernel supports ppp alright.
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
Couldn't find interface ppp0: No such device
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
KLauncher: Exiting on signal 1
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.

I'm running KDE 2.1.1 on Mandrake 8.0 and a 2.4.3 kernel.

# ls -l /dev/ppp0
ls: /dev/ppp0: No such file or directory

Looks like I'm missing the interface, but I'm not sure what to do from here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks -
john
--