Jeff Abrahamson on Fri, 28 Dec 2001 09:10:13 +0100

[PLUG] elisp for Mutt with/without X

Thought this might be helpful to some, given some of the mutt
discussions we've had.

I use mutt with emacsclient at home, but from work I don't maintain an
X connection (not reliable enough), so I set editor=emacs instead.

I want f12 to finish editing no matter what. If it's emacsclient, it
should clean up so I don't have a lot of old compose buffers hanging
around, even at the bottom of the window stack. This bit of elisp does
the trick.

  (global-set-key [f12] (lambda ()
			  "Finish editing and return to caller."
			  (interactive)
			  (let ((buf (current-buffer)))
			    (save-buffer buf)
			    (if (getenv "DISPLAY")
				(progn
				  (server-edit)
				  (kill-buffer buf))
			      (progn
				(save-buffers-kill-emacs))))))

Users of xemacs would have to specify the "f12" slightly differently.

--
 Jeff

 Buy my boyfriend's new novel: The Big Book of Misunderstanding
 <http://www.misunderstanding.net/buystuff.html>