Paul on Sun, 30 Dec 2001 22:30:16 +0100

Fwd: Re: [chlug] Re: [PLUG] specifying a port

> >How does one specify not only the IP address of a printer, but
> > also a port number?
>
>          ipaddress:port - eg. http://www.foo.com:8080

I was thinking of something like that, but I just realized something.
 HP print servers listen on port 9100.  (9100, 9101, and 9102 for
three port servers.)  So, a request directed at the public IP on port
9100 should be redirectable to the private IP of the print server.

Is printing over the Internet this easy, or am I missing some
important details?