Fred K Ollinger on Thu, 3 Jan 2002 16:50:24 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Debian specs?

> Giving up on SuSE already?  (I just brought a couple machines up to
> 7.3.  Except for a little trouble with a Qt dependency in kde, it went
> very smoothly.  They even fixed the Sony USB boot disk problem.)

I'd be a bit dishonest as a slavering advocate of debian if I didn't
disclose that there were some qt dependency issues in kde as well. This
will be worked out when woody freezes. I have not been upgrading regularly
with woody on the one machine that I currently have that runs it. I'm
running an earlier ver of woody that works just fine w/ kde. There have
been bugs, I heard, but all I use is konsole and a little bit o' konqueror
so I didn't notice.

Fred