gabriel rosenkoetter on Sat, 5 Jan 2002 20:30:14 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Migrating GnuPG data

On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 12:00:08PM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
> A better idea is to put your secret key on a floppy.

Accepting the caveats already mentioned (I do keep my private key on
two systems, on which only I have root, the only users are
personal acquaitances, and I use NetBSD's in-tree mtree--same
function as tripwire, but it's part of the distro--religiously), I
plan on doing something similar with those 3-inch CD-Rs out these
days as soon as I buy a couple.

(I'll be keeping my GPG private key along with an ssh private key
on the CD, and keeping that with me all the time, so that I never
need to pass my passphrases across a network.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net