Chuck Peters on Mon, 7 Jan 2002 04:50:19 +0100

Re: [PLUG] e-mail server

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 05, 2002 at 06:41:09PM -0500, Paul wrote:
> > How would you spec out an e-mail server for a small office?  In other
> > words, what kind of software would you use?
>
> Postfix.

Exim and webmin would be an easy setup.

I'm considering migrating CCIL.org's exim to postfix.  And I just noticed
a new package in Debian woody called DRAC (Dynamic Relay Authorization
Control) which can allow all pop and imap users the feature of sending
mail from other ISP's.

CCIL is about to more than double our modem capacity so we expect
3000-4000 users by year end.  Do you think I should stay with exim, go
with postfix or go with something else?

Thanks,
Chuck