gabriel rosenkoetter on Mon, 7 Jan 2002 05:10:15 +0100

Re: [PLUG] e-mail server

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 10:45:27PM -0500, Chuck Peters wrote:
> CCIL is about to more than double our modem capacity so we expect
> 3000-4000 users by year end.  Do you think I should stay with exim, go
> with postfix or go with something else?

I have no experience with exim, so I couldn't tell you whether it is
or isn't capable of that. (I'd be suprised if it weren't.)

I do know that Postfix is quite capable of handling this load, and
that a Postfix system can be scaled to multiple servers easily (see
the documentation about its postdrop functionality).

Fwiw, the MXs for both swarthmore.edu and cs.swarthmore.edu run
Postfix.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net