Bob Stanfield on Mon, 7 Jan 2002 21:40:22 +0100

[PLUG] Initializing an Epson Printer

Folks,

	There is a computer that I maintain with an Epson 740 printer
attached.

	1) If I power up directly to Linux (SuSE 7.2), the printer works just fine.

	2) If I power up to Windos first, when I reboot to Linux the
printer is a black hole. Turning the printer off doesn't work; I have
to remove power (pull the plug) for a couple of minutes and reboot
Linux.

	3) What is happening? I infer that M$ has initialized the printer
to its own liking.

	4) How do I reinitialize to Linux? Where do I find the
site that maintains the Epson Linux printer drivers?

Bob Stanfield
29 Ledge Lane
Pipersville, PA 18947
Voice 610-294-9884
FAX   610-294-8119

"Never buy a TV/stock/program from a man/broker/politician out of breath."