gabriel rosenkoetter on Wed, 9 Jan 2002 07:10:12 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Keysigning this week?

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 12:53:19AM -0500, Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> We are certainly overdue for one.  But I currently do not have access to
> a printer.

Count me in. And I can easily (ab)use the cs.swarthmore.edu printers
for some spare copies during the day tomorrow, just in case people
forget.

> But I do not currently have access to a printer.

If you're in the market, I highly recommend the HP 4050 laser
printer. (I just need to find a piece of furniture to put one on
here and I'll be getting my own.) They speak lpd without having to
have a controlling server on some other machine, they play nicely
with Unix, Windows, and Mac OS, and they're damn speedy.

Down sides include the configuration details requiring Mac OS or
Windows (you can telnet to the printer, but you can't do everything
you might want to, including some security-relevant stuff), and that
you probably want to completely firewall it from the outside world
(the lpd implementation is almost definitely based on the old 4.2BSD
one that is so full of holes I wouldn't even use it to drain pasta).

> The file member.ids is a list of key ids, one line per keysigning.  The
> last line is people who have not yet participated.

Hrm. Did I ever send you my key with added uids? I guess it's too
late now if it's not already done, since folks will probably be
downloading the key on the server already. (Though, if memory
serves, it's not absolutely necessary for the extra uids to be
signed separately, is it?)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net