Walt Mankowski on Wed, 9 Jan 2002 19:10:17 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Out-of-sync gpg keys?

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 12:55:32PM -0500, Mike Leone wrote:
> What's the best way to resolve that? If Darxus gets an updated copy
> of my key from the keyserver, should he "gpg --import" it? Will that
> then just add in the differences between his copy of the key, and the
> keyserver's copy? Or will it overwrite his copy with the keyserver's
> copy?

Import just adds in the new uids and sigs.  It's really not any
different from wgetting the plug keyring and --importing that.  If you
do

gpg -v --import

(-v means verbose) then gpg will show you everything it's adding.

> If it integrates the 2 copies, he should then re-upload my key to the
> keyserver (since his will now have the new PLUG signings from
> tonight), yes?

Yes.

In fact, I've added a few new sigs recently.  I should send Darxus a
new copy of my key, too.

Walt