Molnar, Bradley on Mon, 14 Jan 2002 06:20:14 +0100

RE: [PLUG] Remote X

>Both the client and the Xserver are running Linux. I am on an intranet,
>where I am connected to a Win2k server. I go online through the win
>machine. And traffic is re-routed thataway to me. I want to connect to
>the linux x server.

>The win2k box is just a router.

I think people might want to know is it using a regular internet connection
sharing type setup on the Win2K box.  Either way, you will have to do some
kind of forwarding that was mentioned before.

>> > Another thing. I connect using Verizon's winpoet. Is there a version
>> > available for Linux?
>>
>> What's winpoet's functionality? (I don't know the name, but if you
>> tell us what it does, we can probably tell you something that does
>> the same thing under Linux.)
>>

>That would be the client program for networking (for windows).

WinPOET is a PPPoE client for windows.  It is provided by (at least) Verizon
for DSL.

Thus, the before mentioned option of using roaring penguin pppoe
(http://www.roaringpenguin.com/) would be an adequit linux based replacement
for the job of router.

-brad