Jon Nelson on Mon, 14 Jan 2002 21:30:44 +0100

Re: [PLUG] where to buy on line?

On 12/01/02 19:19 -0500, Bill Jonas wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 02:36:16PM -0500, William Shank wrote:
> > i'd like to know where are some good places to buy computer stuff on-line?
>
> A couple places I'm familiar with are newegg.com and crazypc.com (for
> cooling equipment).
>
> Do you know about resellerratings.com?  It's a community-input site
> where real people rate various merchants.  The site then presents an
> average score, on a scale of 1-7, and lets you post comments and read
> comments from others.  I like to use it in conjunction with PriceWatch;
> find a good price and then cross-check the vendor's reputation.

Another vote for resellerratings.com.  As far as PriceWatch I seem to recall
reading somewhere that the vendors listed there actually pay to be listed, so
these *might* not be the lowest prices.  Check out www.pricescan.com for a
more unbiased opinion.

--
*************NOTE NEW NEW ALT. EMAIL!!!!******************

Trooper Jon S. NELSON, Linux Certified Admin. (Sair/GNU)
Pennsylvania State Police
Computer Crimes Unit
Office:  610-344-4471
Page:  866-284-1603 (Toll Free)