Kevin Brosius on Tue, 15 Jan 2002 12:45:20 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Remote X

Samantha Samuel wrote:

> > On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 11:40:51PM -0500, Samantha Samuel wrote:
> > > Both the client and the Xserver are running Linux. I am on an intranet,
> > > where I am connected to a Win2k server. I go online through the win
> > > machine. And traffic is re-routed thataway to me. I want to connect to
> > > the linux x server.
> >
> > Then try what I suggested, which was, from the prompt on your local
> > machine:
> >
> >   ssh -X -f <remote linux host> <x program>
> >
> > ssh should return your shell after setting up a connection, then
> > you'll have to wait a bit, and the X window should pop up.
> >
> > If you get error messages in the terminal, please post them.
>
> I did that, I did get back my prompt. But x windows did'nt pop up.
> And yes, I do have x windows configured.

?  So you did get a console session running through ssh, right?  At that
point, did you try to run a Xwindows program (like xterm)?  When you do,
you'll either get the window for that program locally, or an X
connection error.  Which do you get?

--
Kevin Brosius