Arthur Alexion on Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:50:20 +0100

[PLUG] Star Office Mail help needed

I use StarOffice (5.2) for downloading and storing business and client
mail as it does a nice job of saving messages in a very document like
format with other related documents in my personal document management
file system.  However, since it is not my primary eMail client, I have it
set to leave messages on server.  There are two settings actually.  One
prevents deletion of mail from the POP server upon downloading, and the
other setting downloads the headers while leaving the message on the
server.  (Sort of an emulation of IMAP that my ISP, Netreach, does not
provide.)

Because I am deleting the messages from the system when using another
mail client, The StarOffice inbox contains many headers for which the
content of the message has now been deleted from the server.  (Nearly
3000 headers, though there are only about 150 or so on the server.

I am looking for a way to "refresh" the Inbox so that the obsolete
headers are removed.

Anyone out there familiar with how I can do this in StarOffice?

Art

Art Alexion                       mailto:arthur@alexion.com
Arthur S. Alexion LLC                http://www.alexion.com
Click