Time on Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:50:19 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Star Office Mail help needed

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 10:41:58PM +0000, Arthur Alexion wrote:
> From: Arthur Alexion <arthur@alexion.com>
> Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 22:41:58 GMT
> To: linux@lists.elder-law.com, plug@lists.phillylinux.org
> Subject: [PLUG] Star Office Mail help needed
>
> I use StarOffice (5.2) for downloading and storing business and client
> mail as it does a nice job of saving messages in a very document like
> format with other related documents in my personal document management
> file system.  However, since it is not my primary eMail client, I have it
> set to leave messages on server.  There are two settings actually.  One
> prevents deletion of mail from the POP server upon downloading, and the
> other setting downloads the headers while leaving the message on the
> server.  (Sort of an emulation of IMAP that my ISP, Netreach, does not
> provide.)
>
> Because I am deleting the messages from the system when using another
> mail client, The StarOffice inbox contains many headers for which the
> content of the message has now been deleted from the server.  (Nearly
> 3000 headers, though there are only about 150 or so on the server.

I've seen this bug in StarOffice's mail client as well when I tried it
over a year ago.  If you like the way it handles the html in your mail
I suggest trying KMail or one of the Mozilla/Netscape flavor's where the
bugs are looked at more regularly.

> I am looking for a way to "refresh" the Inbox so that the obsolete
> headers are removed.

I don't know of any...  never researched into it after Darxus showed me
the 'mutt' mail client one day at work which I have been using since...

Perhaps you could download the latest beta version of StarOffice
and import/migrate your mail to it and see if they fixed the bug?

Maybe try Open Office?

Regards,

Time

   13