gabriel rosenkoetter on Fri, 18 Jan 2002 20:10:16 +0100

Re: [PLUG] debian-netbsd

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 12:14:22PM -0500, Chris Beggy  wrote:
> Has anyone played with debian-netbsd?  It's located at:
>
>    http://debian-bsd.sourceforge.net/
>
> and seems interesting.  This could be a great solution for people
> migrating sparc machines from linux to *bsd.  It doesn't seem
> like there are enough resources to keep linux ported to sparc.

I've been talking with a variety of people (a friend who's a Debian
maintainer, #plug on irc.openprojects.net, a thread on
daily.daemonnews.org) about this. I'm not with the group of luddite
BSD folks who think it's a completely bad idea, but I'm also not
sure I agree with its being done as it is.

I said all of this more verbosely here:

  http://daily.daemonnews.org/view_story.php3?story_id=2643

(If you post there, do try not to start a flame war. There are some
less than mature folks frequenting that forum. Not quite so bad as
slashdot, but less than sensible for sure.)

When I get caught up on my existing stacks and stacks of email,
presuming it's not too late then to really have any effect, I'll
probably get involved with their mailing list at least.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net