Beldon Dominello on Fri, 18 Jan 2002 23:20:22 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Linux SQL Question

On Friday 18 January 2002 09:56, you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking at option to migrate away from MS SQL in our environment. I was
> wondering is there a version of SQL for linux that will allow for server to
> server replicaiton?

Well, if you're looking for open source solutions, pretty much your onl
answer is Postgre, although I have no experience with their replication model.

The other options are DB2 and Oracle.  You can download a copy of DB2 from
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/data/db2/linux.

Also, SuSE has a pre-packaged DB2 server with OS at:
http://www.suse.com/us/products/suse_business/database_server/index.html

Hope this helps.

	-Beldon