christophe barbé on Thu, 24 Jan 2002 13:50:22 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Debian and X

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 03:27:56AM -0800, JP Toto wrote:
> Interest? Well Im just trying to make x work again
> after my dist-upgrade and then find out how to switch
> between window managers/desktops. I will have to try
> some of these suggestions this morning. Thanks to
> everyone for hte help!!!

Sorry I realize that my question to Michael was confusing
for you.

So I will try to be more explicit.
X doesn't require a X Font Server. It can directly use the font specified
in the Section "Files". If you use a X Font Server, you only specify the
socket corresponding to the font server and configure in another file
the font path.
I can't see real 'pro' to use a X Font Server. But I can see a few cons
(per exemple ressource wasting).

Christophe