Samantha Samuel on Fri, 25 Jan 2002 06:20:18 +0100

[PLUG] EXT2-fs error

I compiled the Linux kernel 2.4.17 about 2 weeks ago. I noticed all kinds
of odd things happening, and I am wondering if someone can help.

I was editing a file when this message popped up:

EXT2-fs error (device ide0(3,6)): ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory
#389387: rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0,
name_len=0

Also I thought I would try out netbsd and I managed to install it, but
after booting into linux, one of my user's account was completely hosed.
There was no trace of it. Then the linux partition was fscked twice,
before I was able to get back to normal without that one user.

When I did a search on google for this prob I noticed that 2.0.27
(among other kernels - 2.4.2?) also had the same prob, but I was not finding
a solution for fixing it.

What is going on? Any help is much appreciated.

--
Samantha
-------