root on Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:09:16 -0500

[PLUG] (no subject)

Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 03:56:19 -0500
From: Darxus@chaosreigns.com
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Would possibly like to donate hardware: laptops, old monitor, etc

| I believe that someone once suggested that PLUG do a fund-raiser and donate
| the money to a worthy cause of our choice, officially from PLUG, as a
| non-profit.  I believe they said this would cause PLUG to officially be
| recognized as a non profit organization.  But this hasn't happened.  PLUG
| has been rather chaotic, as far as I can tell, since its inception.

what if i officially gave the hardware to PLUG, who then sold much of it to it's own user base and associates... all
profits from the sales could be then donated in PLUG's name to a non-profit.  this could get you on your way to
non-profit status yourself for future events and donations, etc.  anything that didn't sell, hell, i'd just let you
keep.

many people have been asking me about one item or another... i may put up a page on our corporate web server sometime
soon for everyone to track the status of what has been promised to whom.  i am not interested in SELLING anything
really... i'd just like to give it away.  my only requirement: i'd like to just be informed as to where the hardware
ends up being used, maybe with a short story as to who it's helping.  (i could even add that to the page as well, one
day :-)

i'll write more when i can, probably join the list when i get a moment, too.

Brian Rea
Senior Network Engineer
PhysioMetrics