Arthur S. Alexion on Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:40:19 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Would possibly like to donate hardware: laptops, old monitor, etc

Getting federal non-profit status is not so easy. If the donation can be used, it may be possible to channel it through an existing non-profit, which in turn passes it on to PLUG. This method is both legal and appropriate as long as PLUG is the type of organization that the intermediary normally assists.

Art

Darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:

On 01/29, root@physiometrics.net wrote:
be if my company's Finance dept. doesn't go for it.  Are donations Linux
Users' Groups tax-deductible?  If they are, then i am almost certain that
there would be no objection from the company brass.  I look forward to your

It might be, if the LUG is legally registered as a non-profit organization or something. Unfortunately, PLUG isn't.