Kuzman Ganchev on Fri, 1 Feb 2002 19:50:28 +0100

Re: [PLUG] speaker beep question

I believe there was some driver written to handle the pc speaker, and emulate a
sound card with the processor. I don't know if the driver was in-kernel or a
userland pseudo-driver thing...

The Linux Sound HOWTO at:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Sound-HOWTO/x96.html

mentions the site (section 3.4.7 PC Speaker).

Kuzman