Andrew White on Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:40:47 +0100

RE: [PLUG] Comcast Crackdown

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Adam Van Antwerp wrote:
> Is there any truth to the rumor that verizon in NJ caps the upload at 90Kbps
> ? no matter who your ISP is.

Hi Adam,

Residential ADSL via a Verizon-supplied line is
available in several speeds:

 * 768k down / 128k up
 * 1.5M down / 128k up
 * 1.5M down / 384k up

and there's not as much overhead with us as with
Verizon as your ISP since we don't have the added
packet overhead that goes with PPPoE.

In the tests we've done on NJ ADSL, we see throughput
about what is promised -- it does not appear that
uploads are capped at 90 kbps in our experience.

-Andrew