Andrew White on Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:20:42 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Comcast Crackdown

On 4 Feb 2002, Michael Leone wrote:

> OK, then; I have a question. I'm a subscriber. Currently, DCA is doing
> my DNS for my domain.
>
> If I wanted to run my own POP/IMAP server at home, instead of using
> DCA's mail server, would I have any problems asking DCA to change the MX
> record to point to my home server, instead of postoffice.dca.net (with
> postoffice.dca.net as backup)? Is that one of those "officially frowned
> upon, but in reality we turn a blind eye to" things?

Hi ML,

We do allow residential users to run servers -- you
just can't be running a commercial business, a pr0n
site, a w4r3z site, etc.  If you want to run your own
SMTP server and POP/IMAP server for you and a few
friends or family, then that's absolutely fine.  Just
send your DNS change requests to dns@dca.net.

-Andrew