Michael Leone on Mon, 4 Feb 2002 23:15:11 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Comcast Crackdown

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 22:39, Andrew White wrote:

> p.s. Please feel free to post any questions to the
> list!  We are happy to try and answer them.

OK, then; I have a question. I'm a subscriber. Currently, DCA is doing
my DNS for my domain.

If I wanted to run my own POP/IMAP server at home, instead of using
DCA's mail server, would I have any problems asking DCA to change the MX
record to point to my home server, instead of postoffice.dca.net (with
postoffice.dca.net as backup)? Is that one of those "officially frowned
upon, but in reality we turn a blind eye to" things?

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon@mike-leone.com>    ICQ: 50453890     AIM: MikeLeone

PGP public key:
<http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.gpg>

"Sometimes your lack of sympathy gets hard to explain,
 So on your mask of make-up you just paint a little parody of pain"
                                 "When you were young", Del Amitri