Arthur S. Alexion on Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:20:41 +0100

[PLUG] DSL & hosting

About a year ago I switched from Fishnet to Netreach at the suggestion of a couple of web site developers who share mutual friends. Fishnet, at the time seemed like a ghost ship -- crew gone, but servers still running on autopilot.

Needed dialup for mobile access and really basic hosting. Was told that Netreach had really good support on the latter. Seemed true for 2001.

Now Netreach has been purchased by Fastnet (what a misnomer). No Linux support -- none (I don't know how they manage my server). Half hour support hold que. Support Tech had never heard of IMAP.

Have been following the favorable stuff re DCAnet & Speakeasy on the list. I need basic hosting (shared server) too. Recommendations?

Art