jbeck on Tue, 5 Feb 2002 18:48:02 -0500

[PLUG] DSL Connection Speeds

Hi all,

With all the talk about Comcast lately, I am looking to make a switch over to DSL seeing as my experience with Comcast has been less than stellar, and I fear for the worst.

Here's my question: On dca.net's web site, I checked availability, and it mentioned that 1.5mbps/128kbps service was available in my area. I then checked Verizon's site, and they only offer 768mbps/128kbps service to the same number. I am wondering if even if DCA offers 1.5, is it somehow limited by Verizon to only 768?

Also, anyone know if Verizon is as friendly as DCA regarding running a home server, multiple PC's, etc?

Thanks!