Mike Cramer on Wed, 6 Feb 2002 05:00:16 +0100

Re: [PLUG] DSL Connection Speeds

Michael Leone wrote:
On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 18:43, jbeck@jbwd.net wrote:

Also, anyone know if Verizon is as friendly as DCA regarding running a home server, multiple PC's, etc?

Goodness, no! In fact, their official policy used to state that you couldn't use the DSL to provide connectivity to more than 1 PC, even tho they sold it that way.

As much as I am not a fan of Verizon, I have to point out that this is not true. The FAQ on their website makes it clear:

http://www22.verizon.com/foryourhome/dsl/learnmore/NLF_FAQs.asp#using_3

Can I hook up more than one computer?

Yes, but the bandwidth will be shared among all of the active connections. Also, Verizon Online does not provide technical support for networks. If you choose to set up a network, you need to have the appropriate network systems in place

And Verizon doesn't support anything but Windows, and definitely no
servers.

And Macs...and they don't care if you run Linux, they just won't help you set it up. But who actually lets Verizon touch anything inside their house anyway?

--
Mike Cramer
http://www.webkist.com/