Mike Leone on Wed, 6 Feb 2002 15:10:15 +0100

Re: [PLUG] Comcast Crackdown

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nicholas Vettese" <pluglist@hotmail.com>
To: <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Comcast Crackdown

> What if I have a contract with Verizon, could DCA.net help me transfer over
> so that I can get real Internet, and not the crap Verizon spits out as the
> ISP.

Contract? Not sure I understand.

I had Verizon as an ISP. Told them I wanted to transfer to DCA as an ISP, but keep Verizon as a line provider.

No problem, they said. No loss of connectivity, they said. Switchover on the same day, they said.

They shut off Verizon ISP service on the day agreed. A week or more later, they finally were able to connect me to DCA as an ISP.

Perhaps they've gotten better since then.