thanous on Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:25:33 -0500

[PLUG] WAYYYY Off topic.... RE Windows 2k server and NAT and something of Linux Auth

If you dont know anything about this, please just dont respond lol

I need a hand, I configured NAT to assign IP address to the machines on my network
on the subnet of...

203.203.203.x

So they can still access a linux machine WHICH they need for accounting softwear,
file sharing, and printing.  The linux machine WAS the internet connection until
Comcast fucked up the stuff...  I would perfer to use linux again as the internet
connection but I dont see it happening anytime soon.

Does anyone know how to make NAT work or have any experience with it?  I have
read all the documation I can find online, and I got it working, BUT it doesnt
feed a network connection and I cant figure out why.  It assigns the IP fine,
so the client machine can access the Linux machine fine, but it will not allow
a Internet connection to go through.

I did try ICS, and it DOES work, but I cant get a ICS machine to access the
linux machine either.  So maybe I am doing something wrong on the linux side?
 We use facetwin (www.facetcorp.com) to build a termial connection to the accounting
softwear.  I tried to see if there is anything in there that would lead me to
believe that having a faulty IP address (ie one that is not within the given
parameters) would disallow access.  No.

Not sure, but I really dont want the Winblows 2k server to be the only machine
that has access to the net, but I have been beating my head against the wall
for the last week tryin to figure this out, and nothing.

Any advice?  :)

Later

Anthony